You will find many different types of tofu and tofu related items. Although their taste is not so distinctive, their texture varies. Different types of tofu could be cooked in a different way, and coupled with various things.
Two most typical methods to prepare tofu would be to stir fry it and for doing things in preparing salads. In the following paragraphs, I’ll introduce two very simple quality recipes: one out of which tofu is gently fried with spring let’s eat some onions and something by which tofu is coupled with green spinach inside a salad.
Stir fried tofu
1. Fresh tofu.
2. Spring onion.
3. Cooking wine, light soy sauce and sesame oil.
4. Toasted sesame
5. Salt and oil.
Fresh tofu can be simply present in Chinese grocery stores, plus they normally are available in two sorts (however in much the same packages): Chinese north-style tofu or south-style tofu. Southern tofu is slightly much softer, otherwise I am unable to differentiate. Within this dish I personally use the Southern tofu.
1. Slice the tofu into 5cm x .5cm cubes.
2. Chop one spring onion into small pieces.
1. Pour oil right into a flat sauce pan, sufficient to pay for the bottom of the pan.
2. Place tofu pieces in to the sauce pan, one piece to another.
3. When the top of tofu begins showing indications of getting firmer (for instance, if this has absorbed oil and little cavities appear), take away the tofu cubes in the sauce pan, put them nicely right into a deep plate.
4. Inside a heated wok, put 2 tablespoon of oil, chopped spring onion, one teaspoon of cooking wine, 1/3 teaspoon of salt, 1 and half tablespoon of sunshine soy sauce.
5. Once the sauce gets hotter, switch off the fireplace, and pour the sauce over in a position tofu within the plate.
6. Pour in handful of teaspoons of sesame oil, and sprinkle toasted sesame within the tofu.
Tofu and green spinach salad
Tofu and green spinach is an extremely traditional combination in northern China. This salad is very simple to prepare.
1. Tofu and green spinach leaves
2. Salt, light soy sauce, old vinegar (otherwise, grain vinegar), whitened sugar, and sesame oil.
3. Chilli oil (optional).
1. Chop the tofu into small tubes
2. Mix green spinach leaves in. (Do place a couple of more leaves in, as individuals leaves ‘shrink’ once combined with salt).
3. Put half of the desert spoon of salt, 2 tea spoons of sunshine soy sauce, 1 desert spoon of ‘old vinegar’ (without having in hands, use only a few drops of grain vinegar), a little pinch of whitened sugar, 1 table spoon of chilli oil, and pour in certain sesame oil.
4. Mix everything together well.